Pleasing in Thine Sight

"Dear Heavenly Father, let everything I do today be pleasing in Thine sight. Equip me with the strength and the discipline to allow Your Will to be done in and through my life. Let those that cross my path see a reflection of Your love in my heart." 
                                                                                 -Amen.


I often start my mornings with a prayer similar to this one, with the anticipation that God will, in some capacity, use me for His glory.

When we ask Jesus for forgiveness from our sins and invite Him to live in our hearts, no longer are we to approach life as we did in our past. We are to strive to be more like Christ, sharing His perfect love with all those around us. I have found this to be a difficult task in our flesh. Though we have made the conscious effort to change, no one is perfect, our human nature is ever ready to spring up at the first sign of weakness.

I want to focus on one thought Jesus has put on my heart, something we face daily and tests our walk with Christ.

How we interact with those around us is part of what defines us as individuals. This can be interactions with our co-workers, our supervisors, our family, or even strangers we may encounter throughout the day. I have concluded that we long for acceptance from our peers and can easily be injured by people, even if they have nothing less than good intentions. I can assure you that good intentions have been the precursor to bad endings on numerous occasions, especially if we choose to act with no regard for the consequences.

Have you ever started your day in a good mood and felt like it was going to be a great day, only for someone to assault you verbally for no apparent reason and without provocation? This has happened to me, and it can absolutely ruin the rest of your day, opening you up for the devil to work against you, forming doubts about who we are in Christ and where He has placed us in life. Looking back, I can remember times in my past that I was on the giving end of this situation as well, never considering the feelings of the people I have needlessly injured. As pupils of Jesus' life, we should always let His light shine through us, especially when it comes to the interactions we have with others. If we ever have any doubts, we can always check ourselves by questioning all our actions with this one simple question: "Is this pleasing to you, Lord?"

If we have chosen to live our life for Christ, no longer is it a matter of how we should conduct ourselves, the answer is clear. Not only are we to treat others as He would, but we are to apply this philosophy to every action we take, whether public or private. He is pleased when we actively seek His approval of who we have chosen to be: Sold Out Believers in Christ, Jesus!

Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God—what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect. (Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭GNT‬)

And when you serve Christ in this way, you please God and are approved by others. (Romans‬ ‭14:18‬ ‭GNT‬‬)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Direction

Purpose Driven Prayer

When I Found Jesus, No He Found Me!