What Fuels You?

What are the lowest gas prices that you can remember paying?

Gasoline is the beating heart of the modern world. Every facet of our society relies on the production of gas to keep on spinning. Essentially gasoline is what fuels the world.

I remember hearing my dad talking about how gas was $0.25 per gallon when he was a teenager, if only it were still that way now! When I first started driving, gas hovered between $1.00 and $1.30 for what seemed like forever. So for me to drive to school, work, and anywhere else I wanted to go, I had to factor in the cost of fueling my car.

Just like a car, we are fueled by something. I'm not meaning the chemistry of how our body's work, I'm talking about that which feeds our ambitions, dreams, and desires. In this context, the word "fuel" is synonymous with the word "motivation." Some are fueled by success in a career, a marriage, or a sport. Others are driven by friendships, hobbies, or the use of talents. None of these things are bad amongst themselves, but if we let these things be the fuel that drives our lives over and above Jesus Christ, we are treading on shaky ground.

Allowing Jesus to be the fuel of our lives doesn't come without a cost. We have to first repent from all of our transgressions, having faith that He will forgive us. Then we must sacrifice our time and our desires so we can spend time with Him to form a personal relationship. Pursuing an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ is an integral part of our spiritual walk that we can't ignore.

Jesus became a man, came to Earth, and was fueled by only one purpose during that time, this was to fulfill His Father's will. Knowing this and being completely obedient, Jesus lived a spotless life that was pleasing to God. In doing so, He paid the ultimate cost, to carry the weight of all humanity's sins and die on a cross so we may have the hope of eternal life with Him in Heaven.

The costs that we incur to pursue a real and unimpeded relationship with Jesus hold no comparison to the sacrifice that He endured to save our souls. Every day I strive to be so in tune with The Holy Spirit, that others can look at me and have no doubt that my relationship with Jesus is what fuels me. I wish to live in such a way that God would choose to say of me that He is well pleased! We owe Him everything. Without Him, we are nothing!

And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬)

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. ‭‭(John‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Direction

When I Found Jesus, No He Found Me!