Direction

Have you ever been lost?

Whether on vacation or maybe even somewhere in your hometown area, the feeling of being lost is not a great one I can assure you of that. Being physically lost in today's society is nearly impossible with all the technological advances such as GPS devices and smartphones. I have often made comments about how much easier it is to find your way now than it was even ten years ago, but even technology fails and you can still wind up lost.

In order to use a GPS device, no matter the type, you have to do something that you may not consciously realize. You have to step out on faith that the device in question is going to accurately direct you to your intended destination. Bet you have never considered using a GPS device in that sense before, but you can't deny this as truth. We put in the destination we wish to go to and then have faith that we will arrive where we want to go.

How much different is this than that of our "spiritual direction?" Pulling from my past experiences there have been times when my world has been thrown into disarray and I found myself completely lost. Not only was I physically lost in the sense of not knowing how to reconcile the problem at hand; I was spiritually lost as well. I was in this place that could only be described in one word, lost. In each of those times when I was lost in my circumstances, it was only after I decided to completely dedicate my life to Jesus, He was able to bring me through life's trials.

This was my step of faith in Jesus' ability to sustain me and offer me a direction and a destination. In other words, Jesus became my GPS device from that moment on and I no longer was lost in my circumstances, my sins, my loss of direction, or even my self-pity, because Jesus had saved me from it all. It may sound so simple, but if you feel that you are spiritually lost with no direction for your soul, take that same simple faith you would use on a worldly GPS device and focus it on the one true source of our direction, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He has promised that if we just trust in Him that He would answer our faintest cry and that He would not forsake us. So I challenge you today to use Jesus as your GPS device and to put Heaven as your destination.

For the Son of man came to save that which was lost. (Matthew 18:11 "ASV")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Fuels You?

When I Found Jesus, No He Found Me!